After reopening following the first Covid-19 lockdown on 3/7/20, which was dependent on appropriate cleaning protocols and safety measures being in place, we had great feedback from guests on cleanliness and covid-readiness of the cottage (please see our reviews). We gained certification for our Covid-19 measures on 11/7/20.
2021 Reopening Date – 26/4/21
For Scottish Govt “Household” Rules, Travel Rules and Protection Levels please see BELOW
Full availability from this date until March 2023 and fully secure online booking is available here.
For those who have stayed at the cottage before, due to covid-19, our previous total flexibility with arrival and departure days has had to be put on hold due to the extra time taken to sanitise and prepare the cottage. So, the booking system is set up for the following arrival / departure days and the lengths of stay (min 3 nights):
However, please contact us direct if the above don’t quite suit you, as we can still often be more flexible depending on the previous / following bookings.
Now that restrictions are lifting, we understand it might be difficult for some people interested in staying at the cottage to decide whether it is safe to book or not. So, we are more than happy to be flexible and work with guests around restrictions. But, please be reassured that, if there are travel restrictions in place for your arrival date, we will fully refund any payments you have made, or, preferably, help you move to future dates. Please get in touch if you’d like more details or discuss your situation.
We are also very aware that people might have concerns about ongoing contamination of the cottage by covid-19 at any point, as it is unlikely to be totally eradicated throughout the UK / globally in the short term. Our fantastic Turnaround Team, strictly following the nationally agreed standards, has provided huge reassurance on this.
(see detail of our action + Cottage Covid Guide here, or current Scot Govt rules + guidance below).
(Our regular guests may notice some rise in our rates – this has been necessary due to extra time, cleaning and sanitising required to minimise any risk of coronavirus being transmitted in the cottage – we hope you will still think is good value at less than £25 per person per night, fully occupied)
- No booking fees / No hidden costs
- All linen and towels provided
- Only planning to use 1 bedroom? Please contact for discount
- Damage / extra cleaning deposit (£100) returned within 5 days of departure
- Arrival time – after 4.00pm (we will text on day if earlier possible)
- Departure time – by 10.00am.
Please contact us if you have any difficulty with free booking and secure payment system, or any other queries.
Current Covid-19 Rules + Guidance
Beyond Level 0 On Monday 9/8/21 – where we’re at in Scotland with the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions for tourism activities:
Household Rules (for self-catering)
- There are currently no restrictions on travel within the UK
- From 2/8/21, fully vaccinated people from the EU and US will be able to travel to Scotland without quarantining (subject to countries covered remaining on the amber list, and individual travellers being able to produce a negative test prior to departure and a negative PCR test on day two after arrival) – here
- Unless eating, drinking or dancing or being seated at a table, therefore, when moving around, queuing at the bar, entering or leaving, going to the toilet etc. a face covering must be worn
- Businesses are still required to collect contact details of customers
Other Booking + Holiday Options:
Dates not available? Need space for more than 6, larger groups and gatherings, 2 family options? Try here
Planning a tour of Scotland or the National Park? For greener and GTBS Gold Award options try here
Imagine going to sleep in London and waking up in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, 6 miles from your cottage!