Cottage Features + Highlights:
- Bright, open-plan sitting room and dining area, fully-glazed south-facing, opening onto spacious balcony deck area with views to the Cairngorms / Lairig Ghru.
- Fully renovated (completed Sept 2017)
- Fully enclosed 1-acre “wild” garden
- Bike shelter with secure locking facility
- Wood burning stove
- Heat, power and log usage included in rental
- Free Wi-Fi broadband (unlimited BT infinity)
- Smart TV (including Fire Stick access to internet, movies, catch-up TV, etc.)
- Hi-Fi with DAB, USB, CD and Bluetooth (listen to your own music!)
- Small lawn (with balls, badminton / volleyball net + other equipment)
- Charcoal BBQ
- Direct access to woodland, wildlife, Loch Vaa and River Spey walks
- Sledges provided for winter action
- Speyside Way runs along the bottom of the garden
- Strathspey Railway steam trains pass within view
- Travel cot and highchair
- Bicycle hire available in the village (Ride Cairngorm)
- Gold Award winning Green Tourism features
We have taken the opportunity to build in efficiency, renewable energy and other sustainability measures; some of these, like added daylight brightness using sunpipes, enhance the experience any time of year – brightening even the dullest winter day! And we make sure you have all the information available to fully enjoy the beauty of the local area, surrounding highlights in the National Park and the wide range of activities.
We were unable to build in all features that would have delivered 100% accessibility for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, some access challenges were simply associated with the building being an older cottage situated at the top of a very steep hill. But, in the spirit of “Accessible Tourism“, we have provided the information to allow you to make the choice whether the cottage is accessible / suitable for your needs – see our Accessibility Guide covering wheelchair access, visual and allergy information.
We don’t currently allow dogs (except Assistance Dogs). This is partly due to concerns about the local wildlife, and the Capercaillie Special Protected Area in the forest to the rear of the cottage.